All residence halls and apartments will close on Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 12:00P (noon).
Your entire room/apartment will need to be cleaned, swept and returned to move-in condition prior to your departure.
Do not sweep trash or debris into hallways in residence halls or apartments.
There will not be a schedule for moving out from the residence halls and apartments. Students are encouraged to move out within 24 hours after their last final exam. Traffic may be heavy at times especially towards the end of the week and on Saturday due to Graduation. Please consider trying to beat the rush if you can. Students are limited to two supporters to help them move out. All students and supporters must remain masked and socially distance. A limited number of moving bins will be available in residence halls on a first come, first served basis. Please consider bringing your own hand truck.
Before you leave make sure:
- Your room/apartment is cleaned and restored to move-in condition.
- Residence Halls: Microfridges have been unplugged, emptied, cleaned, and dried out.
- Apartments and Soltz Suites: Refrigerators have been emptied, cleaned, defrosted, and plugged back in.
- Windows are closed and locked.
- Window shades have been left open.
- Lights are turned off.
- All air conditioning/heat units are off.
- Apartments: Water is shut off tightly.
- Double check all drawers, closets, cupboards, etc. Any items found after move-out will be disposed of per the housing agreement.
- If you do not want to pay cleaning fees, return your room or apartment to move-in condition.
- Every student is required to check out by signing the check-out sheet on your room/suite/apartment door.
- In addition, all apartment residents must turn in their mailbox key at the JKA Community building.
- Spring 2021 graduates, please check your email for further instructions. Congratulations!
Failure to check out properly will result in a $35.00 improper check out fee.