Online HOST Packet
The Online HOST Packet is where you will find all the information you need to know for the HOST process.
Remember, if you have any questions you can always ask the experts.
Important HOST Reminder
Current On-Campus Students Planning to Live On-Campus Again for Fall 2013/Spring 2014
Complete ApplyOnline and MyHousing
before February 6, 2013
Important dates to remember:
- December 1, 2012 – February 6, 2013
- Complete ApplyOnline (Current/Returning Fall Student housing agreement) and MyHousing (Personal Preference questions and Request Roommates) If not completed by February 6, 2013, you will be unable to participate in the housing selection process in February and will not be permitted to live on-campus for Fall 2013/Spring 2014.
- February/March 2013
- Select housing in MyHousing (follow dates on HOST schedule)
If you miss any part of this process, you will not be permitted to live on campus for the Fall 2013-Spring 2014 academic year.
For details refer to the HOST Packet above or pick up a copy of the HOST packet in the Residence Life Office.
Planning to live on campus again for Fall 2014/Spring 2015?
Current on-campus students will soon be receiving a postcard in their campus mailbox regarding the HOST process for Fall 2014/Spring 2015. If you want to live on-campus (residence hall or campus apartment) again for Fall 2014/Spring 2015, you MUST participate in this process and meet all advertised deadlines. Failure to complete all required steps will result in NO CAMPUS HOUSING for you for Fall 2014/Spring 2015.
Below are a few key items:
- There will be very limited space in residence halls for upperclass students.
- There are very specific deadlines that must be met.
- You must complete ApplyOnline and MyHousing for Fall 2014/Spring 2015 by deadline.
- You must request enough roommates in MyHousing to fill the room or apartment where you want to live by deadline.
- You may only request roommates who currently live on-campus.
- One of the roommates in your group must select housing for the group in MyHousing during a scheduled selection process.
- Selection dates occur by your current housing assignment and the number of credits you have earned to pick your room or apartment in MyHousing.
Information and instructions will be sent to your BU email address, posted in your residence hall or apartment lobby and on the Residence Life website under the HOST section.
Remember…your housing agreement is for the full Fall 2014/Spring 2015 academic year. We will not release students to move off-campus or commute once you complete the HOST process. Exceptions may be granted at the discretion of Residence Life.
You can check out the housing rates for this year at http://reslife.bloomu.edu/fees.php. Rates will go up slightly next year but this will give you an idea of what to expect.
We will hold apartment tours sometime in late November or early December for interested students to check out our on-campus apartments.
*** If you do not want to live on-campus for Fall 2014/Spring 2015, do not complete any of the HOST steps.
Campus Apartment Tours
We will be holding tours of the JKA, MOA, MPA and Kile apartments ONLY on the dates below:
|MPA 116||Tuesday, November 19||9:00A – 11:00A|
|MPA 216||Wednesday, November 20||12:00P – 2:00P|
|MPA 316||Wednesday, November 20||3:00P – 5:00P|
|MOA 120||Monday, November 18||3:00P – 5:00P|
|MOA 138||Wednesday, November 20||6:00P – 8:00P|
|JKA B302||Monday, November 18||11:00A – 1:00P|
|JKA B101||Monday, November 18||2:00P – 4:00P|
|JKA A101||Tuesday, November 19||5:00P – 7:00P|
|Kile Penn Street #1||Monday, November 18||9:00A – 11:00A|
|Wednesday, November 20||4:00P – 6:00P|
Students interested in MPA, MOA or Kile Apartments, go directly to the apartment listed during these times for a tour.
Students interested in JKA please call the JKA Community Building front desk at 570-389-2900 to be escorted through the buildings during the times listed below.
These are the ONLY times that we will be showing apartments. If you are unable to attend on these dates, try to send someone from your group to check out the apartment. Do not show up or request apartment tours at dates and times other than those listed above.