Online HOST Packet
The Online HOST Packet is where you will find all the information you need to know for the HOST process.
Remember, if you have any questions you can always ask the experts.
HOST Process - Last Chance
HAVE YOU COMPLETED YOUR APPLYONLINE FOR
FALL '14 / SPRING '15 AND NOT YET BEEN HOUSED?
Winter Session Housing Consideration
As you select your Fall 2014 / Spring 2015 housing, please take into consideration if you anticipate taking classes during the Winter session 2014 / 2015. As stated in our housing agreement, if you anticipate taking Winter session classes, or if you need housing between breaks, you are required to live in the Montgomery Place Apartments, Mt Olympus Apartments, Jessica Kozloff Apartments or Elwell Hall for the Fall 2014 / Spring 2015 academic year. You will not be permitted to stay in any other on-campus assignment over Winter break for any reason. Any questions can be sent to Michele Stout at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Planning to live on campus again for Fall 2014/Spring 2015?
Current on-campus students will soon be receiving a postcard in their campus mailbox regarding the HOST process for Fall 2014/Spring 2015. If you want to live on-campus (residence hall or campus apartment) again for Fall 2014/Spring 2015, you MUST participate in this process and meet all advertised deadlines. Failure to complete all required steps will result in NO CAMPUS HOUSING for you for Fall 2014/Spring 2015.
Below are a few key items:
- There will be very limited space in residence halls for upperclass students.
- There are very specific deadlines that must be met.
- You must complete ApplyOnline and MyHousing for Fall 2014/Spring 2015 by deadline.
- You must request enough roommates in MyHousing to fill the room or apartment where you want to live by deadline.
- You may only request roommates who currently live on-campus.
- One of the roommates in your group must select housing for the group in MyHousing during a scheduled selection process.
- Selection dates occur by your current housing assignment and the number of credits you have earned to pick your room or apartment in MyHousing.
Information and instructions will be sent to your BU email address, posted in your residence hall or apartment lobby and on the Residence Life website under the HOST section.
Remember…your housing agreement is for the full Fall 2014/Spring 2015 academic year. We will not release students to move off-campus or commute once you complete the HOST process. Exceptions may be granted at the discretion of Residence Life.
You can check out the housing rates for this year at http://reslife.bloomu.edu/fees.php. Rates will go up slightly next year but this will give you an idea of what to expect.
We will hold apartment tours sometime in late November or early December for interested students to check out our on-campus apartments.
*** If you do not want to live on-campus for Fall 2014/Spring 2015, do not complete any of the HOST steps.