Upper Campus, Kile and Trinity Apartment Closing Information »
Spring Break Closing Information
BEFORE YOU LEAVE FOR SPRING BREAK, YOU MUST DO THE FOLLOWING
- Empty trash from all rooms.
- Close and lock windows.
- Lock bedroom doors. (MPA, MOA, JKA only)
- Make sure water is not dripping from faucets and that all toilets have stopped filling with water.
- Turn off all lights to save energy.
- Leave the heat ON and set at 66 degrees. IF THE HEAT IS NOT LEFT ON, PIPES MAY FREEZE AND BURST, AND YOUR APARTMENT WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES.
- Make sure the front door is shut tightly.
- Absolutely NO air conditioning should be used at this point in the semester.
- The staff office in the Community Center at JKA will close on Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 12:00P (noon) and re-open on Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 12:00P (noon).
- During this time, if you have any problems, maintenance concerns, or an emergency please contact the on-call staff person at 570-336-8551 or BUPD at 570-389-4168.
- For safety purposes, if you are staying in your apartment over the Spring Break, you must notify us by completing the interim housing form at the following link: http://reslife.bloomu.edu/forms.php?type=break. Your name and apartment number will be forwarded to the University Police who will be conducting rounds during the week. Once this form is completed, your roommates will be notified of your intent to stay and any guests that you may have.
- If you do not let us know you will be staying, and lights are on in your apartment, BUPD will enter the apartment to investigate.
- Fire alarm testing and maintenance projects will be occurring over break. Maintenance staff and BUPD will be entering all apartments.
Have a Safe and Happy Spring Break!