If you are interested in a Living and Learning Community please click on the sticky note and complete the interest form today!
Now accepting applications: Students interested in a Living and Learning Community for Fall 2015 are encourged to apply**.
· · · · ·
The Living & Learning Communities at Bloomsburg University foster an inclusive residential environment where students with similar majors, interests and goals are afforded rich and varied student learning opportunities both in and out of the classroom. Through collaboration with faculty, staff, and peer mentors; students are able to experience personal and intellectual growth while building relationships in an engaged and friendly community-centered environment.
Since their inception in 1996, LLCs have been a forum for the exchange of ideas and information within a residential setting, providing out-of-class interaction between students and their faculty and supporting academic endeavors.
Living Learning Community Benefits:
- Free opportunity for students with similar interests to get involved on campus
- Meet people with similar interests
- Form strong relationships with faculty
- Develop professional connections that will help you after graduation
- Receive academic help from upper-class tutors
- Take core curriculum courses on which to build the rest of your education
- Receive leadership training
- Make connections that will aid you in career development
- Travel to New York City, Philadelphia, Washington D.C.
- Career counseling sessions
- Volunteer opportunities in local community
- Weekend trips to human rights and world hunger organizations
- Team building
- Organizing campus events
- Leadership opportunities
We hope that you take some time to explore this website. Many LLCs also maintain their own webpages, so please click through and explore each community in more detail and keep in mind that Bloomsburg University is a personable place. We pride ourselves on this. So if you have individual questions, don't hesitate to call or email any of the faculty or staff listed throughout this website. Like us on Facebook.
**LLC applications will be accepted through August 2015, however, the deadline to ensure housing in the respective LLC hall is June 15, 2015.