If you are interested in a Living and Learning Community please click on the sticky note and complete the interest form today!
Now accepting applications: Students interested in a Living and Learning Community for Fall 2014 are encourged to apply. Deadline to secure housing in LLC hall is June 15, 2014.
· · · · ·
The Living and Learning Community's (LLC) mission is shaped by the collective mission of the University and the Residence Life Office. A LLC is a group of freshmen students who share common academic interests, live together in a residence hall, participate in activities together, and are also enrolled in a cluster of related courses. By integrating faculty with the undergraduate residential experience, faculty, staff, and students develop a sense of interconnectedness and a mutual concern for the enrichment of their collegiate experience. In addition, LLCs provide students with quality studying, meeting, and lecture/discussion space within the residence halls.
Since their inception in 1996, LLCs have been a forum for the exchange of ideas and information within a residential setting, providing out-of-class interaction between students and their faculty and supporting academic endeavors.
Living Learning Community Benefits:
- Meet people with similar interests
- Form strong relationships with faculty
- Develop professional connections that will help you after graduation
- Receive academic help from upper-class tutors
- Take core curriculum courses on which to build the rest of your education
- Receive leadership training
- Make connections that will aid you in career development
- Travel to New York City, Philadelphia, Washington D.C.
- Career counseling sessions
- Volunteer opportunities in local community
- Weekend trips to human rights and world hunger organizations
- Team building
- Organizing campus events
- Leadership opportunities
We hope that you take some time to explore this website. Many LLCs also maintain their own webpages, so please click through and explore each community in more detail and keep in mind that Bloomsburg University is a personable place. We pride ourselves on this. So if you have individual questions, don't hesitate to call or email any of the faculty or staff listed throughout this website. You can also view our video series "The The Living and Learning Community Experience" to see what makes Bloomsburg University's LLC's special.