Interested in becoming a CA for Fall 2021 - Spring 2022?
The overall goal of a Community Assistant is to serve as a peer educator and helper while facilitating the personal and academic growth and development of residential students. CAs are chosen on the basis of leadership experiences, interpersonal skills, interest in working with students to develop a positive floor/hall/apartment community, and willingness to be actively involved in their own personal growth and development. CAs are expected to live out the CORE Values of the Office of Residence Life: Service, Caring, Respect, Dedication, Integrity, Inclusion and Education.
What do CA's do?
- Community building
- Build relationships with residents
- Respond to residents needs
- Staff responsibilities
- Attend all trainings and staff development activities
- Assist with all openings and closings
- Weekly staff meetings
- Periodic meetings with GHD
- Outside tasks
- One night a week and every other weekend
- includes 2-3 hour desk shift
- Apartment CAs work front desk daytime shifts
- Crisis response
- Generally available to residents
- Room fee waived
- Residence Hall-single occupancy, Suites/Apartments - single bedrooms
- Apartments include a utility fee waiver
- Stipend of $7.75/hour for 14 hours/week
CA Eligibility Requirements
- 2.40 cumulative GPA as of January 2021
- In good discipline standing with the university
- Available for the entire academic year
Click here to apply to be a Community Assistant for Fall 2021/Spring 2022!
Questions? Contact Kayleigh Warg Stouffer, Area Coordinator, at email@example.com or (570) 389-4846